How To Use Alongside In A Sentence
Using Alongside in a sentence requires that you know what it means in other to make effective use of it. In this post, I will be taking you through it’s meaning and how to use it effectively.
Definition of alongside according to Merriam Webster dictionary :
along·side | \ ə-ˈlȯŋ-ˈsīd \
This can mean:
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
1: along the side : in parallel position
2: at the side : close by
Alongside can either be used as an Adverb or Preposition
Example of it being used as an Adverb:
I’ve been waiting for the boat to come alongside
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
Example of it being used as a preposition:
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
Tunji and Bolu worked Alongside each other in the last project.
Below are Some other examples from the Cambridge Dictionary :
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
- As we drew alongside the black car, I suddenly recognized my ex-boyfriend at the wheel.
- The drover walked alongside the oxen, gently tapping them with his stick.
- New pedestrian pathways are being built alongside the road.
- They found themselves working alongside like-minded young people with similar values
- Just as I was leaving the restaurant, a car pulled up alongside me.
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below