Acne is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that causes spots and pimples, especially on the face, shoulders, back, neck, chest etc.
Contrary to what you may have heard acne is not caused by dirty skin. Acne is caused by overactive oil glands in the skin and a buildup of oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria, which leads to inflammation in pores on the faces majorly.
WHAT’S CAUSING THIS ACNE?
Contrary to what you might have been told, pimples and acne are not affected by greasy foods, knowing well that your fries aren’t breaking you out.
Below are what can trigger acne:
1. Hormones – when hormone levels change acne can be exacerbated. Teenagers, pregnant women, and women in various stages of life can expect increased sebum production, which can lead to acne.
Typically, if a woman is experiencing breakouts along the jawline, that is typically associated with hormonal acne.
2. Genetics – if any of your parent had acne, there is a higher possibility you will experience it too.
3. Certain medications – Examples include drugs containing corticosteroids, testosterone or lithium.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
4. Diet – Yes, we mentioned greasy foods NOT causing acne, but certain studies have shown that milk and certain carbs and sugars do trigger acne. And chocolate? The jury is still out. Diets high in fiber, and foods that limit inflammation are recommended for acneic skin.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
5. Stress – stress isn’t shown to CAUSE acne, but if a person is experiencing acne, stress can make it worse.
There’s no sure way to prevent acne. But these tips might help reduce the number and severity of your breakouts:
- Keep your face clean: Whether or not you have acne, it’s important to wash your face daily to remove impurities, dead skin cells, and extra oil from your skin’s surface. Washing more often than twice daily is not necessarily better; it may do more harm than good. Use warm, not hot, water and a mild facial cleanser. Using a harsh soap (like deodorant body soap) can hurt already inflamed skin and cause more irritation.
Avoid scrubbing your skin harshly with a washcloth, an exfoliating glove, or loofah (a coarse-textured sponge).
Gently wash it with a very soft cloth or your hands. Always rinse well, and then dry your face with a clean towel. (Toss the towel in the laundry hamper, as dirty towels spread bacteria.) Also, use the washcloth only once.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
- Moisturize: Many acne products contain ingredients that dry the skin, so always use a moisturizer that minimizes dryness and skin peeling. Look for “noncomedogenic” on the label, which means it should not cause acne. There are moisturizers made for oily, dry, or combination skin.
- Keep your hands off your face: Avoid touching your face or propping your cheek or chin on your hands. Not only can you spread bacteria, you can also irritate the already inflamed facial skin. Never pick or pop pimples with your fingers, as it can lead to infection and scarring. Leave your face alone to avoid breakout.
- Stay out of the sun: The sun’s ultraviolet rays can increase inflammation and redness, and can cause post-inflammatory hyper pigmentation (dark discoloration). Some acne medications may make your skin more sensitive to sunlight.
Limit your time in the sun, especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., and wear protective clothing, such as a long-sleeved shirt, pants, and a broad-brimmed hat.
- Avoid Greasy Foods: Most experts agree that certain foods, like chocolate, don’t cause pimples. Still, it makes sense to avoid greasy food and junk food and add more fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains to your diet.
Dairy products and foods high in processed sugar may trigger acne.
- Use Acne Prevention Products: There are creams, oils and organic products proving to have worked perfectly for acne and pimples. It clears your spores within weeks of usage and make your face partly or totally smooth again. One of this popular products is Oriflame which has gained ground as one of the most trusted product for acne. People in Organic skin products can help out in this case, find one and buy from them.
Are you facing serious acne disease and you’ve tried all your best to get rid of it? Or you’ve once experienced acne but has become an history in your life…… Share that effective way you used in getting rid of it with us in the comment box.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below