Delegation means to assign the responsibility for doing something, such as a task or project, to another individual.
Delegation is one of the most important and effective management skills. Without the ability to delegate effectively, it is impossible for you to advance in management to higher positions of responsibility.
Here are some tips to help you delegate works properly:
1. Clearly articulate the desired outcome. Begin with the end in mind and specify the desired results.
2. Clearly identify constraints and boundaries.
Where are the lines of authority, responsibility and accountability?
3. Should the person:
Wait to be told what to do?
Ask what to do?
Recommend what should be done, and then act?
Act, and then report results immediately?
Initiate action, and then report periodically?
4. Where possible, include people in the delegation process.
5. Empower them to decide what tasks are to be delegated to them and when.
6. Match the amount of responsibility with the amount of authority.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
7. Understand that you can delegate some responsibility, however you can’t delegate away ultimate accountability.
8. Delegate to the lowest possible organizational level. The people who are closest to the work are best suited for the task, because they have the most intimate knowledge of the detail of everyday work.
This also increases workplace efficiency, and helps to develop people.
9. Provide adequate support, and be available to answer questions.
10. Ensure the project’s success through ongoing communication and monitoring as well as provision of resources and credit.
11. Focus on results.
12. Concern yourself with what is accomplished, rather than detailing how the work should be done.
13. Your way is not necessarily the only or even the best way! Allow the person to control his or her own methods and processes. This facilitates success and trust.
14. Avoid “upward delegation.” If there is a problem, don’t allow the person to shift responsibility for the task back to you. Ask for recommended solutions, and don’t simply provide an answer.
15. Build motivation and commitment. Discuss how success will impact financial rewards, future opportunities, informal recognition, and other desirable consequences.
16. Provide recognition where deserved.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
17. Establish and maintain control.
18. Discuss timelines and deadlines.
19. Agree on a schedule of checkpoints at which you’ll review project progress.
20. Make adjustments as necessary.
21. Take time to review all submitted work.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
To be a great leader, you have to learn how to delegate works well and effectively. Hence the need to learn how to delegate works.
Have you ever delegated works? Are you a great leader? Would you like to be an exceptional head?
If you found this article helpful, let us know in the comment section.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below