A Blood type which is otherwise known as Blood group is a classification of blood that is based on the presence and absence of antibodies and inherited antigenic. Blood types are inherited and represent contributions from both parents
Antibodies and Antigens
Antibodies are protective proteins produced by the immune system in response to the presence of a foreign substance, They recognise foreign substances, such as germs, and alert your immune system, which destroys them.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
While Antigens are protein molecules in the red blood cells. that cause your immune system to produce antibodies against any foreign substance.
The Blood Groups
There are Four main Blood groups as defined in the ABO system( The classification of Human blood based on the inherited properties of red blood cells) :
1. Blood group A : This blood group is made up of A antigen on the red blood cells and Anti-B in the plasma
2. Blood group B : has B antigen on the surface of the red blood cell and Anti- A in the plasma
3. Blood group O : This is the most common Blood type, This contain the A and B Antigens in the red blood cell and doesn’t have any Antibodies to A or B antigen in the plasma
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
4. Blood group AB: contains neither type A nor type B antigens on the surface of red blood cells, you have anti-A and anti-B antibodies in your plasma.
How to determine Blood type
To Determine your Blood Type, The lab technician will mix your blood sample with antibodies that attack types A and B blood to see how it reacts. If your blood cells clump together when mixed with antibodies against type A blood, for example, you have type B blood.If otherwise, you have type A.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
There’s been articles on determining your Blood type without going to the hospital. If you desire an Accurate result, then you have to get yourself down to the lab for a test.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below