Human body shape is a complex phenomenon with sophisticated detail and function. The general shape or figure of a person is defined mainly by the molding of skeletal structures, as well as the distribution of muscles and fat in the body.
Knowing your body type can be helpful in choosing clothes that will accent your best features. It’s easy to determine your body type with nothing more than a tape measure. Start by taking measurements of your bust, waist, and hips.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
Thus, you can use this information to determine which body type best describes your measurements. No matter what your body type, remember that bodies come in many shapes and sizes and all are beautiful.
You will need a cloth tape measure and wear as little clothing as possible to avoid incorrect measurements.
Make sure you stand straight with arms to the side. The tape must be snug against the body, but not too tight so that it compresses the body – making the measurement inaccurate.
Let’s measure this four areas in your body:
Shoulders – measure around the highest point of your shoulders.
Bust – measure around the chest over the fullest part of the breasts.
Waist – measure around the smallest point of your waist.
Hips – measure around the hip over the largest part of the buttocks.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
Each of these basic body shapes has a prominent characteristic and have been chosen for a reason:
- The rectangle looks more or less like a column; i.e the body is straight with little to no definition.
- The pear has a bigger lower body compared to the upper body.
- The hourglass has a wider upper and lower body with a narrow waist in the middle.
- The inverted triangle has a bigger upper body compared the lower body.
- The apple is wider in the middle and upper body with a smaller lower body.
Now Match Your Shape
1. Measure Yourself: To dress your body right, you have to know your body.
2. Inverted Triangle: Your shoulders or bust are larger than your hips.
3. Rectangle: Your shoulders, bust and hips are around the same size, with no defined waistline.
4. Triangle: Your hips are wider than your shoulders.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
Now that you’ve measured yourself (shoulders, bust, waist and hips), and known your shape. We are sure that will help determine your body shape.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below