Pushups are a simple and effective bodyweight movement that can help increase strength in your upper body and core. This exercise works the pectoral muscles in your chest and the triceps(muscles in the back of your upper arms)
It is one of the best exercises on the planet.
It’s a foundational movement in strength training, and an exercise EVERYBODY should be doing regularly.
However, it’s also an exercise that about 95% of people get wrong and do incorrectly. A basic push up is an effective way to strengthen the chest and arm muscles and can be easily scaled as you get stronger. These are the simple steps
1. Get down on all fours, placing your hands slightly wider than your shoulders.
2. Straighten your arms and legs.
3. Lower your body until your chest nearly touches the floor.
4. Pause, then push yourself back up.
Simple push-ups require no equipment other than your own bodyweight and your arms, and they can be done anywhere there is a firm surface with enough space for you to stretch out flat in. Now, read the full guide on how to do yours.
1. Get on the floor on all fours, positioning your hands slightly wider than your shoulders.
2. Extend your legs back so that you are balanced on your hands and toes. Keep your body in a straight line from head to toe without sagging in the middle or arching your back. You can position your feet to be close together or a bit wider depending on what is most comfortable for you.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
3. Before you begin any movement, contract your abs and tighten your core by pulling your belly button toward your spine. Keep a tight core throughout the entire pushup.
4. Inhale as you slowly bend your elbows and lower yourself until your elbows are at a 90-degree angle.
5. Exhale as you begin contracting your chest muscles and pushing back up through your hands to the start position.
Don’t lock out the elbows; keep them slightly bent. Repeat for as many repetitions as your workout routine requires.
If you have to pass a fitness test (such as the Army Physical Fitness Test) you can use a few simple strategies to build your strength and endurance in order to do more pushups.
One popular strategy is the “one more pushup a day” approach i.e Assuming on day one you do five push-ups, then on day two you do six push-ups, and so on. That’s how to keep improving. With that your strength and endurance will probably increase.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
Safety and Precautions
You should not do pushups if you have a shoulder, wrist, or elbow injury. Talk to your doctor or physical therapist to see if this is an appropriate exercise.
If you want to protect your wrists, you can place your hands on dumbbells or pushup bars to keep them in a neutral position. If you feel shoulder pain during the pushup or hear a clicking noise in your shoulder, end the exercise.
NB: Performing fewer pushups in the correct form will be better over time than completing many with poor form. Don’t be in race with numbers of Pushups you can do without effectiveness with someone.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below