The cat is a domestic species of small carnivorous mammal. It is the only domesticated species in the family Felidae and is often referred to as the domestic cat to distinguish it from the wild members of the family.
Cats are carnivores, so they need a source of animal protein to be in optimal health.
You’ll need to find a high-quality commercial cat food appropriate for your cat’s age and health.
When choosing your cat’s food, it’s important to take into account the cat’s age, physical condition, activity level, and health history.
Here’s how to feed your cat:
1. Know your cat’s basic nutritional needs: An average sized adult cat needs around 250 calories a day with a balance of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals. Your cat’s particular calorie needs will depend on its size, weight, and activity level.
2. Feed your cat tinned and dried cat food: Both tinned and dried food will give your cat the nourishment it needs, but dried food also helps to clean its teeth.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
3. Feed your cat twice a day: Dried food can be left down all day so your cat can eat when it pleases. Kittens and older cats need smaller but more frequent meals.
4. Be consistent with the feeding: Your cat will let you know which brand and flavours it likes best, and often won’t touch anything else. Try not to change its diet frequently as this can cause an upset stomach.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
5. Be sanitary: Ensure food and water bowls are placed well away from the litter tray. Food bowls, including those which are only used for dried food, should be cleaned daily. Cats are fastidious creatures and some won’t eat from used bowls.
6. Provide easily accessible water: Clean and fresh water should always be accessible. Never give your cat milk as this could upset their stomach. Water should be contained in a ceramic or metal bowl. It is advisable to have a second water bowl, placed away from the food bowls, under a desk or bed.
7. Stimulate your cat: You could use meal times to provide your cat with stimulation by hiding food portions or putting food in an activity ball.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
8. Know what they can’t eat: Not all everyday foods and items are safe if your cat comes into contact with them. Learn which items are particularly dangerous to your cat.
If you’re a cat lover or you probably own a cat as a pet, then you surely need to know how to feed your cat to keep it healthy at all time.
Did you find this article helpful? Let us know in the comment section.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below