You would be annoyed to see Scratches on your car especially when it’s very obvious. Aside that it’s a damage to the painting of the car, any further delay to fix it can cause more damage. This post is provided to help you fix your scratched car at little or no expense
Majorly, an average person with a scratched car will take it down to the painting shop where he pays fortune for what could be done with a lesser price and requires less stress. There are a few different types of scratches, and how you fix each type depends on the depth of the scratch.
One of the major disadvantages of scratches on a car is that it affects the value of a car by decreasing it’s general desirability to potential buyers, and impacts based on the estimated repair costs of the vehicle. Whether you’re selling to a m private or trade buyer, the only way to avoid this is to Clear the scratches by the method discussed below.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
Types of scratches
The clear-coat is the outer surface of the car that protects the car paint from direct sunlight, acid rain and dust. A scratch on this surface is clear- coat scratch and is very easy to erase
The primer is added to a car to give it a shining and smooth surface, this will require more time and expertise to get it fixed if the scratches penetrate through the clear coat to hit the primer. A further delay to fix can cause the surface to be rusty and there by require full painting.
This type of scratch shows the metal sheet under the layers, It’s recommended to take corrective measure immediately to avoid any other major cause. This should be done by a professional to avoid colour difference on the surface.
How to fix scratches on your car
You can fix the scratches on your car using three different methods
1. Using Toothpaste:
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
- Run a fingernail over the scratches to see if they are surface or deep.
- Wash and dry the scratched area
- Apply a quarter-sized amount of toothpaste to a dampened microfiber
- Rub the toothpaste into the scratched area using a circular motion.
- Rinse off any excess toothpaste
- Repeat the process up to 2 more times.
2. Using Scratch removal kit:
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
- Wash your car so there is no dirt or debris left in the scratch.
- Purchase a scratch-removal product or kit
- Apply a quarter-sized dollop of scratch-removal product to the pad
- Work the product into the scratched area and the surrounding areas.
- Wipe away the product residue
- Repeat 2 to 3 times if needed.
- Wash and dry the car thoroughly.
- Sand the scratched area to strip away the top layers of paint.
- Rinse and dry the area
- Spray a few coats of primer onto the sanded areas.
- Apply a few coats of paint that match your car
- Wax the area to seal the paint you have repaired.
Use the comment section if you have any question.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below