How To Format Stubborn And Corrupt Memory Card/Flash Drives On Your PC
HOW TO FORMAT STUBBORN AND CORRUPT MEMORY CARD/FLASH DRIVES ON YOUR PC
Good news, for anyone whose memory card /flash drive is faulty, here is a remedy to it. This tricks can only be executed using command prompt on your system
What is Command prompt?
Command prompt is a tool on every windows and Mac operating system, this tool is the less used by many users but trust me you can use it to do many things on your system, it is like a factory setting on android phone but there is more to it. some part of the functions it performs are:
- You can use it to shutdown your system
- Disk partitioning of hard drives
- Check directories of all the folders created on your system
- check your system IP address… etc.
It has many functions but the one we are going to discuss in this article is formatting drives using command prompt and with the help of Disk part (Disk Partitioning).
STEPS TO TAKE IN FORMATTING THE MEMORY CARDS/FLASH DRIVES
Insert the memory card/flash drive you want to format on your PC and go to “my computer”
Make sure your flash drive or memory card is discovered on your PC if not it can not be formatted.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
This step needs to be carried out with care and full concentration, take note of the letters assigned to your memory card or Flash drives. The default letter assigned to your system hard disk is local disk C: (C:) don’t make mistake of selecting local disk C: because you might end up formatting your Hard drive. any letter can be assigned to your flash drive but not C: and also take note of your memory card/flash drive size
Now open your command prompt, you can use short cut by pressing the windows key on your system + letter R together at the same time i.e Windows key + R, a box will pop up type in the bracket (cmd) and press okay. For windows 10 users quickly search command prompt and open it.
Once you type this word “diskpart” The system will ask you to run as administrator, click yes/okay
- Type diskpart and press enter
- Run as administrator
- Type list disk or list volume and press enter
- Type Select disk 1 or select volume 1 and press enter (my own flash drive is disk 1 and the size is 4037MB/4GB) it will tell you disk/volume is the selected volume/disk
- Type clean and press enter ( you will see diskpart succeeded in cleaning the disk)
- Type create part pri and press enter (you will see diskpart succeeded in creating the specified partition)
- Type active and press enter (you will see diskpart marked the current partition as active
- Type format fs=fat32 label= (the new name you want to give the flash) quick
i.e format fs=fat32 label=TipsmintUSB quick and press enter (you will see diskpart successfully formatted the volume)y
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
- Type assign letter= ( any letter from A-Z apart from C,D,E,F because this letters are mostly assigned to hard disks)
i.e assign letter=M and press enter( it will display successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point then it will take you to my computer where you will see your flash drive.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
- Close your command prompt or Type Exit and press enter. Good luck.
Do you learn something from this? Kindly share to educate others.
Do you have any issues while trying the steps or something is not clear to you, kindly make use of the comment box.
We hope to hear from you, thank you.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below