Iphones of the same kind come with different storage capacity, ranging from 16gb to 512gb. Not everyone knows how to check the storage as a result of which they aren’t conscious if it when filling the phone up.
Sometimes, even that you know and are conscious of the storage capacity, you still get the ‘Storage almost full’ alert. Then you start looking for what how to free up the space without having to delete most of your files, this post will be of great help.
Whenever you get this kind of alert you should check the storage recommendations or you need to offload some less-used content like videos and apps.
Your iphone contents
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
According to Apple support website, the used content on your device is divided in these categories:
- Apps: Installed apps and their content, and content stored in “On My iPhone” directory in the Files app, and Safari downloads
- Photos: Photos and videos stored in the Photos app
- Media: Music, videos, podcasts, ringtones, artwork, and Voice Memos
- Mail: Emails and their attachments
- Apple Books: Books and PDFs in the Books app
- Messages: Messages and their attachments
- iCloud Drive: iCloud Drive content that has been downloaded locally to your device. This content can’t be automatically deleted.
- Others: Non-removable mobile assets, like Siri voices, fonts, dictionaries, non-removable logs and caches, Spotlight index, and system data, such as Keychain and CloudKit Database. Cached files can’t be deleted by the system.
- System: Space taken by the operating system. This can vary based on your device and model.
Knowing the contents makes it easier to locate and decide which one of the contents frees more space.
How to free up space on iphone
- Stop storing texts forever : Your phone by default, saves all text. Delete the less important always to free space.
- Don’t double-save photos : Saving multiple pictures can be a threat to your phone’s storage. Check which picture is best and delete the rest to free space.
- Clear your browser cache : Caches can be space consuming and undetected, after browsing a day, make sure to clear your browser Cache.
- Delete downloaded video / music : It’s best to offload downloaded videos after watching, downloaded music after listening. Better yet, stream online whenever you feel the need to have them again.
To check your phone storage for optimization, Go to Settings > General > [Device] Storage. Here’s where you will find the list of installed Apps and the amount of storage each used. Remove any if you have to, as long as it serves your purpose of freeing up space.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below