Confidence is the feeling or belief that one can have faith in or rely on someone or something. It comes from a latin word fidere’ which means “to trust”; therefore, having confidence is having trust in someone.
Gaining confidence on the other hand is making yourself or someone trust your ability, quality and judgement.
It is not something that can be learned like a set of rules ; Confidence comes from feelings of well-being, acceptance of your body and mind (your self-esteem) and belief in your own ability, skills and experience.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
This Confidence is one attribute everyone tries to have. Quite a number of people suffer from low-confidence because of any of the following reason:
1. Gene: Our genetic makeup affects the amount of certain confidence-boosting chemicals our brain can access. some personality traits linked to confidence may be inherited.
2. Life experience: Experiences like Trauma. Physical, sexual, and emotional abuse can all significantly affect our feelings of self-worth/confidence.
3. The World Around you: Many social media messages are designed to make us feel lacking, like a product seller using a fear factor on you so that you buy the product. Many other factors like this can reduce self confidence.
How to gain Confidence
Although we can’t change the experiences in our past that shaped us, there is plenty we can do to alter our thoughts and expectations to gain more confidence.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
Learning, Knowledge and Training: Knowing what to expect and how and why things are done will add to your awareness and usually make you feel more prepared and ultimately more confident.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
Positive thoughts: If you believe that you can achieve something then you are likely to work hard to make sure you do. This helps more to build confidence.
planning : Planning Helps anticipate problems and cope with change. It will help predict outcomes and thereby boost confidence.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below