How to Greet in a Debate Competition
How to Greet in a Debate
Opening a debate, the right way can help you gain more interest in the audience thought, attention and position.
However, before you screed of the track making points solidly blue and trying to build your position.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
Work on your opening, I strongly suggest you take time to research the topic, gather solid facts about the topic, and craft a grandiloquent opening.
Welcome to TipsMint.com, your home site for unlimited ideas, knowledge and skills.
In today’s tutorial, we will be learning how we to begin a debate in an eloquent manner that will leave the audience with a remarkable impression.
In this tutorial, we will be looking at four ingredients that spices up your voice before a debate is tabled.
Four Ways To Start a Debate
1. Tell a Captivating Story: This can be personal experience or a story you have heard about. You can tell a story about a popular person, a person your audience knows or even a wisdom tale.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
- Take for instance, I was asked to write a debate on a topic against feminism. I can shoot off my story from this angle, either cooked up or not. “As a child, raised by a single parent, bruised and injured at the heels on a mismanaged marriage, I have but come to the end that understanding should be as basic as love and agreement as important as trust to lead a succeeding marriage; lest, no yoke will pull such matrimony together longer than the sun shine…” then go on and tell some important part of your story.
2. Ask a Rhetorical Question: Rhetorical questions are used to provoke the audience thought, it is a psychological trick to lure your readers into thinking deeper on what message you are trying to pass, when your audience try to share in your thoughts and beliefs through trying to answer your questions, they began to see from the position you stand, and of course, you are winning them over.
3. Use a Powerful Quote: Using quotes in speeches ignites your motion or point ad adds credibility to your voice. Quotes also highlight that you understood what you are saying and believe in yourself, this are signs the audience is looking for. Try making relevant quote and try quoting well-known people, or people your audience knows.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
- For example, imagine you are giving a speech about humanity and Ubuntu. You could open with, ‘Mother Terrassa said “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.”’
4. Greet your audience: You can start your debate by acknowledging your audience and opponents, the method or way by which you can regard your panel of jury, co-competitors, colleagues, or even audience is not regular. It is a debate, not a speech making. Be free to express yourself. However, this method is a conventional method and it has lesser effect in catching your audience attention, it may have turn cliché.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
- How To Stop Auto-Renewal On MTN
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below