How To Lock Your iPhone Using A Passcode
The iPhone is a line of touchscreen-based smartphones designed and marketed by Apple Inc. that use Apple’s iOS mobile operating system.
It is necessary to have your iPhones locked, especially when you have younger siblings who are ready to take over your phone the slightest chance they get, or a sneaky friend who just likes to check your phone.
It’s also an easy way to protect your data and information.
If you don’t have a passcode enabled on your phone, you’re missing out on a virtually impenetrable way to prevent strangers from accessing your phone if it gets lost or stolen.
Here’s how to lock your iPhone using a passcode:
1. Start the settings app.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
2. Depending upon which model iPhone you have, tap ‘Face ID & Passcode’ (for iPhone X or later), ‘Touch ID & Passcode’ (for iPhones 5s and later) or ‘Passcode’ (for the iPhone 5 or older).
3. Tap ‘Turn Passcode On’.
4. Enter a six-digit passcode that you’ll enter whenever you want to unlock your phone.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
If you don’t want to use the default 6-digit number, first tap “Passcode Options” and choose the kind of passcode you want to use: an alphanumeric password, a 4-digit number, or a custom number.
5. Confirm the passcode by entering it a second time on the verification screen.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
6. Your iPhone may ask you to enter your Apple ID password. This allows you to use your new passcode instead of the Apple ID password for some tasks.
Your phone now has a passcode assigned to it, which means when it turns off automatically after a couple of minutes, or when you turn it off immediately with the Power button, it will be locked and require a passcode to wake.
Do you feel like it’s necessary to lock your iPhones? Do you lock your iPhones? Share with us your thoughts via the comment section.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below