What’s blood pressure?
This is the amount of force blood the heart pumps round the body.
It is measured with an instrument known as Sphygmomanometer.
Types of blood pressure
You need to understand the two types of blood pressure, and they include:
1. Systolic blood pressure (1st number) :This is how much your blood pressure is raised against artery walls during heart beat.
2. Diastolic blood pressure (2nd number):This is the amount of blood pressure raised against your artery wall when your heart is resting.
How To measure Blood pressure
To measure your BP accurately, you need to know the five categories of blood pressure according to AMA (American Heart Association)
- Normal blood pressure
- Elevated blood pressure
- Hypertension stage 1
- Hypertension stage 2
- Hypertensive crisis.
1. Normal blood pressure
This is when the blood pressure is less than 120/80mmHg
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
- Eat balanced diet
- Stick to healthy habit
- Regular exercise.
2. Elevated blood pressure
This is when systolic blood pressure ranges between 120-129 and diastolic pressure is less than 80mmHg
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
3. Hypertension stage 1
This is when the systolic pressure ranges between 130-139 mmHg and diastolic pressure is at the range of 80-89mmHg
- Take medication for blood pressure.
4. Hypertension stage 2
This is when your blood pressure is above 180/120mmHg
- Combination of BP medications & lifestyle.
5. Hypertensive crisis
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
However unsteady high BP can be as a result of hypertensive crisis
Symptoms include chest pain, back pain and change in vision.
Call 121 as you need medical urgency
Stay healthy and monitor your BP, Thanks for reading.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below