Concrete is a mixture of cement, water coats with fine & coarse aggregates or rock.
Uses of concrete
Concrete is the most used of artificial material on earth.it used for construction of buildings, roads and dams, it also used in making pipes & drains.
Components used in making concrete
- Ad mixtures
The tensile strength of concrete is low compared to other binding substance however its advantage lies in the fact that it loses water easily due to the soluble salts contain therein.
What’s the difference between concrete and cement
Cement is one of the ingredient of concrete, other including sand, gravel or crushed stone.
Also, concrete is stronger than cement
Types of concrete include:
- Modern concrete
- High Performance Concrete (HPC)
- Stamped concrete
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
How To Mix Concrete
To start with, the standard ratio for mixing concrete is adding 1part cement to 2parts of sand to 4parts of aggregate.
Here’s how to go about it
1. Buy the right amounts of cement, sand & stone
2.wear protective equipment such as dust mask, safety glasses & Overall
3. Get your tools in place
4. Using spade pour all your mixture into the wheelbarrow head pan ensuring they are in the standard ratio
5. Ensure you mix all the ingredient together until you, it is even & uniform
6. Dig a small crater at the centre of the mixture and a small amount of water.
7. Ensure the water is enough as dry mixture isn’t enough.
Make sure everything are in place and then the mixture is ready for use. Thanks for reading….
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below