Break up is the termination of an intimate relationship by any means other than death.
Everyone will process this heartbreaking experience differently, it’s important to learn how to move on after a relationship ends, not only for your emotional wellbeing, but also so you’re ready and open to meet someone else who’s a better match in the future.
When a relationship ends, it’s normal to feel like a part of you is missing, and it’s very okay to cry or feel sad about it if it hurts that much.
But remember that tough times don’t last, only tough people do. And in the end, life’s got to move on, and you have to move on too.
If you’re going through a break up, this article is specially for you.
Here’s how to move on after a break up:
1. Let yourself mourn: Get it all out emotionally so you can move on. Have your breakdowns. Take time to remember the good times, accept and celebrate them for what they were, and allow yourself to cry over it all. If you hold it in, you’ll delay the moving-on process.
2. Don’t play the blame game: It’s normal to feel guilty or angry, but neither of you was ever perfect in your relationship. Whether you broke up with them, or they broke up with you, you need to realize that despite the reasons you may list, what ultimately leads to a breakup is incompatibility.
Remember, there are two people in a relationship, and thus, two parties who made mistakes, two humans who didn’t match well enough to make it last.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
3. Switch up your routine and environment: This definitely doesn’t mean you should relocate to a new state or a new country. Do not frequent the places you used to go together, like eateries, clubs, parks etc. Do away with anything that reminds you of them, because to fall out of love, you need to destroy all associations.
4. Don’t stay connected with them, online or offline: The more distance you can create between you and your ex, the quicker you will be on your road to recovery. It’s also a good idea to quit following their every posts on social media.
5. Keep yourself busy: Do the the things you love and that keeps you happy. Take up that classes you’ve been wanting to attend, buy yourself that outfit you’ve being eyeing. Add more fun things to your calendar, it’ll help you take your mind off things.
6. Take time to reflect and learn from the relationship: What areas went wrong? How did it go wrong? What did it teach you about what you want, and what doesn’t work for you? How can you be a better person and partner going forward? Reflect about these, and learn from it, it’ll help you in becoming a better person and a better partner.
7. Don’t have casual s*x: Stay away from casual s*x, you’ll thank yourself in the long run, because it only slows the healing process.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
8. Ask for help: Reach out to your closest friends and supportive family members. Party with them. Talk to them. Vent out your anger and frustration. Accept help! It can come in different ways, and from unexpected people, but that person can help you cross that bridge you’re so afraid of.
It takes time, but you’ll get there.
Have you ever gone through a break up? How did you get over it? Share with us in the comment section.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below