How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
Microsoft Word is a word processor developed by Microsoft. It was first released on October 25, 1983 under the name Multi-Tool Word for Xenix systems –Wikipedia. Like other word processors, it’s capable of helping users create different types of documents.
Sometimes, there are needs to move portions of text in your Microsoft Word document after you have finished typing it.
To do so, first of all select the text you want to move, and then do one of the following:
- Click and drag the selected text where you want it. As you drag the text, you’ll see a dotted vertical insertion point that tells you where your text will go when you release the mouse.
- Copy the text by pressing ctrl-c, place the cursor where you want the text and then paste it in by pressing ctrl-v. Note that this isn’t really moving text. It’s simply copying it.
- Cut the text by pressing ctrl-x, place the cursor where you want the text and then paste it in by pressing ctrl-v.
Often, people use tables to align different blocks of text. If you do use tables, you’ll find it easy to select a block of text you’d like to move as jumping from table cell to table cell by pressing the tab key automatically selects the entire text in a particular cell.
Method 2: Click and Drag to Move the Selected Texts
Also, if you want to easily move your texts without the hassle of pressing shortcut keys, you can just click and drag the texts. Follow this section to learn how.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
1. First of all, select the text you want to move.
2. And then click on the selected texts and drag them to the place where you want it. When you are dragging the texts, a dotted vertical insertion point will show up. It will tell you where your text will be placed when you release your mouse.
In Conclusion, If you want to move text in Word, you can use either of the listed two methods: These keys can do that too, follow the guide.
Select the text, click F2 (then move the cursor and press Enter)
Select the text, directly drag and drop it to the wanted location by using mouse.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
- How To Stop Auto-Renewal On MTN
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below