Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
Mindfulness is a type of meditation in which you focus on being intensely aware of what you’re sensing and feeling in the moment, without interpretation or judgment.
Practicing mindfulness involves breathing methods, guided imagery, and other practices to relax the body and mind and help reduce stress.
Mindfulness helps to reduce:
High blood pressure (hypertension)
Importance of mindfulness
1. Mindfulness improves well-being: Increasing your capacity for mindfulness supports many attitudes that contribute to a satisfied life.
Being mindful makes it easier to savor the pleasures in life as they occur, helps you become fully engaged in activities, and creates a greater capacity to deal with adverse events.
2. Mindfulness improves mental health: In recent years, psychotherapists have turned to mindfulness meditation as an important element in the treatment of a number of problems, including: depression, substance abuse, eating disorders, couples’ conflicts, anxiety disorders, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
3. Mindfulness improves physical health: If greater well-being isn’t enough of an incentive, scientists have discovered that mindfulness techniques help improve physical health in a number of ways.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
Mindfulness can help relieve stress, treat heart disease, lower blood pressure, reduce chronic pain, , improve sleep, and alleviate gastrointestinal difficulties.
Here’s how to practice mindfulness:
1. Pay attention:It’s hard to slow down and notice things in a busy world. Try to take the time to experience your environment with all of your senses, touch, sound, sight, smell and taste.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
For example, when you eat a favorite food, take the time to smell, taste and truly enjoy it.
2. Live in the moment: Try to intentionally bring an open, accepting and discerning attention to everything you do. Find joy in simple pleasures.
3. Accept yourself: Treat yourself the way you would treat a good friend.
4. Focus on your breathing: When you have negative thoughts, try to sit down, take a deep breath and close your eyes. Focus on your breath as it moves in and out of your body. Sitting and breathing for even just a minute can help.
5. Practice peaceful eating: At your next meal, slow down and continue to breathe deeply as you eat. It’s not easy to digest or savor your food if you aren’t relaxed.
6. Rest: Quietly recognize the symphony of sensations flowing in and around you. Practice naming what you feel and sense. Chances are you’ll feel awake and alive from head to toe.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
7. Listen wholeheartedly: Most of us never truly listen to people when they are speaking to us, because we’re too busy planning what to say next, judging what they are saying, or getting lost in daydreams altogether.
Listen attentively to a person without getting lost in your own thoughts.
Would you like to practice mindfulness? Did you find this article useful? Let us know in the comment section.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below