Tyre is a ring of rubber inflated and placed over the rim of a wheel to provide support for a car.
They are normally installed using the hydraulic press.
Types of Tyre
The following are the types of Tyre we have:
- Summer tyres
- Winter tyres
- All-season tyres (common type)
- Truck tyres
Features of a good tyre
Watch out for the following when purchasing a tyre
1.cost of purchasing
2. Fuel economy
4. Ability to withstand both wet & dry surfaces
5.high load index
6.speed rating should fit with that of your car
How To Read size numbers of a Tyre
Consider the images attached below to understand a tyre’s size numbers, it’s usually a composition of both letters and numbers.
‘P’ indicate it is intended for passenger vehicles according to the United States standard. If the first letter is missing, this indicates a Euro-metric tyre.
‘215’ indicate the width of the tyre measured in millimeter.the width of this tyre is 215 millimeter.
’65’ indicate the ratio of the height of the tyre to its width. This is the two-digit after the slash mark.
‘R’ stands for radical which is the layer that run radially across the tyre.
’15’ is the diameter of the tyre .it is the size of the wheel in which the tyre fits in.
1. Dot Symbol:This indicates that the tyre complies with safety standard in US.
2.TIN (Tyre Identification Number) :This includes the 12 numbers indicating the company’s location, week and year of manufacture.
It is easy to read size numbers of a tyre once you master what was explained above, Thanks for reading
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below