How To Renew Driver license Online
Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) founded in 1988 is saddled with statutory responsibilities for road safety administration in Nigeria.
They operates in all Nigerian states as well as the Federal Capital Territory and is the leading agency in Nigeria on road safety administration and management.
The statutory functions include: Making the highways safe for motorists and other road users as well as checking road worthiness of vehicles, recommending works and infrastructures to eliminate or minimize accidents on the highways and educating motorists and members of the public on the importance of road discipline on the highways. This office is in charge of Driver’s license in Nigeria.
Getting a driver’s license is not so easy physically but it can be easily done online with little stress because it’s important you have it so as to avoid being stopped regularly by the officials of the FRSC or even the police on the way.
However, your driver’s license carries an expiration date which means you’ll have to renew after a period of time, usually 5 years. One thing a lot of people have always worried about is how to renew their driver’s license even more so Online
Why do you need to renew your driver’s license?
Driver’s license renewal comes after five years, and in some cases, four years, depending on the office you’re renewing at. Renewal is important as you can get fined up if you are caught driving without the license.
Keep in mind that the same license can serve as a means of identification, so you’re obviously going to be carrying a multipurpose plastic card.
Asides not carrying your license, carrying an expired drivers license also comes with a fine. That’s why it’s important to go for a rental even before your license expires. Since the drivers license lasts 4-5 years, you can go for a renewal 4 weeks before the month of expiration. The office gives you a letter that covers your movement while your license is been sorted.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
How To Renew Your Licence Online
1. Go to http://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org and click “Renewal of Driver’s Licence” under “DL Application” Or Click on Renew at the left hand side.
2. You would see a form where you are required to fill in your driver’s licence number and D.O.B. Upon filling this correctly, you would be able to access and fill the application form.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
Remember to select ‘No’ under the Repeat Biometric Data Capture option (unless you recently got tribal marks grin)
3. Make Payment online using your Visa or MasterCard
4. Print your receipts
5. Make 2 copies of your current driver’s licence
6. Get 2 passport photographs
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
7. Head to your selected FRSC Capture Center with your original driver’s licence
8. Submit the forms, pay N1,000 for the VIO test/CD, make all needed photocopies
9. Obtain a temporary licence, valid for 60 days and check back in 3 months time for the new one.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below