How To Restore Backup From Google Drive To PC
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google. Launched on April 24, 2012.
Google Drive allows users to store files on their servers, synchronize files across devices, and share files.
Drive uses Google AI to predict and surface what’s important for you in real-time.
Drive recognizes important content, collaborators and events, using features like Quick Access and ML-based search enhancements to connect each user with files that may require attention.
It uses shared drives to store your team’s work in secure, easy-to-manage shared spaces. Any files added to shared drives are owned collectively by the team, so everyone stays up to date.
Drive File Stream gives you access to files directly from your computer, without impacting all of your disk space. Spend less time waiting for files to sync and more time being productive.
It keep files private until you decide to share them. Avoid multiple versions and file merging by granting others permission to download, edit, comment, or view. You can also give shared files an expiration date.
Users can directly download backup from Google Drive using the Download option of the Google Drive web app.
Here’s how to restore backup from Google Drive to computer (PC):
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
1. Open the Google Drive account in your browser and go to https://drive.google.com/drive.
2. Browse for the data and choose the item/folder you want to restore from Google Drive account.
Right-click on the file/folder and click on the Download button.
3. After clicking on the Download button, it will compress the selected folder in a ZIP file and download it to your PC.
4. Do this operation for all folders and files that you wish to restore from Google Drive to PC.
This method is feasible for restoring backup from Google Drive, but you need to download each folder one by one.
You cannot directly download complete data from Google Drive to your PC or external hard drive for safekeeping.
If you want to restore all the backup from Google Drive to PC at once, you can use Google Takeout to download all your backup at once.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
Here’s how to use Google Takeout to download your backup at once:
1. Go to the Google Takeout page. Google products that have your data are automatically selected.
2. Tick the box next to Drive to include them in your download archive. Select Next step.
3. Customize your archive format. Choose the delivery method, frequency, file type, and size as you like.
4. Choose the maximum size archive you want to create. If the data you’re downloading is larger than this size, multiple archives will be created.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
5. When your archive is created by using one of these options, Google will email you a link to its location. You can download the archive to PC directly.
Now you know how to restore backup from Google Drive to PC.
Have you done this before? Did you find this helpful? Let us know in the comment section below.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below