How To Restore WhatsApp Chats
There’s a lot of business buzz right now about the WhatsApp messaging app, and with good reason. WhatsApp has quickly emerged as the go-to messaging app for over 1.6 billion consumers around the globe. It’s a fast, simple, and convenient way for family and friends to chat, create group texts, share photos and videos, send and receive documents, and engage in private, secure conversations anytime, day or night.
Data loss can happen to anyone. Having a backup strategy can help you to avoid the crushing feeling that comes with finding out that all your hard work and treasured memories are gone.
It’s a good idea to make backing up data a part of your cyber hygiene. If you happen to lose your data due to a hardware defect or ransomware attack, having a backup could be the respite you’re looking for.
Backing up your data is one of those necessary tasks that often gets pushed to the back burner until it’s too late. If you’ve deleted WhatsApp messages that you now need to recover, so long as you’ve set up backups to your Google Drive, you’re in luck.
You can recover those deleted messages quickly and easily using Google Drive and your phone number. You have to use the same phone number and Google account linked to your WhatsApp account, otherwise the process won’t work.
If you want to use an Android or an iPhone to restore your WhatsApp chats, this article is for you;
To restore your WhatsApp chats on Iphone, follow these simple steps below:
1. Restore your chat history from an iCloud backup
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
2. Verify that an iCloud backup exists in WhatsApp > Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
3. If you can see when the last backup was performed, delete and reinstall WhatsApp.
After verifying your phone number, follow the prompts to restore your chat history.
1. You must be signed in with the Apple ID you use to access iCloud and iCloud Drive must be turned on.
2. There must be enough free space on both your iCloud and iPhone. You need to have at least 2.05 times the space available in your iCloud account and on your phone than the actual size of your backup.
3. The phone number used for backing up and restoring must be the same. You can’t restore the chat history from another WhatsApp account.
Because backups are tied to individual phone numbers, it is possible to have backups for multiple WhatsApp accounts stored in the same iCloud account.
For Android Users;
In order to successfully restore a Google Drive backup, you need to use the same phone number and Google account used to create the backup.
To restore your backup:
1. Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp.
2. Open WhatsApp and verify your number.
When prompted, tap RESTORE to restore your chats and media from Google Drive.
3. After the restoration process is complete, tap NEXT. Your chats will be displayed once initialization is complete.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
4. WhatsApp will begin restoring your media files after your chats are restored.
5. If you install WhatsApp without any prior backups from Google Drive, WhatsApp will automatically restore from your local backup file.
* Your phone will store up to the last seven days worth of local backup files.
* Local backups will be automatically created every day at 2:00 AM and saved as a file in your phone.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
* If your data isn’t stored in the /sdcard/WhatsApp/ folder, you might see “internal storage” or “main storage” folders.
Recovering your WhatsApp chats can be one of the best moment in one’s life as you regain some lost memories and important data.
Share your experiences in the comment sections below.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below