A book review is a thorough description, critical analysis, evaluation of the quality of content and significance of a book, often written in relation to prior research on the topic discussed in a book.
Writing a book review is not just about summarizing; it’s also an opportunity for you to present a critical discussion of the book so others get an idea of what to expect before even reading the book.
Whatever reason you might be writing a review for, you should combine an accurate, analytical reading with a strong, personal touch.
An effective book review describes what is on the page, analyzes how the book tried to achieve its purpose, and expresses any reactions and arguments from a unique perspective.
One of the advantage of book review is that, it gives your Book greater visibility and a greater chance of getting found by more readers.
On websites, books that have more book reviews are more likely to be shown to prospective readers and buyers as compared to books with few or no book reviews.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
Components of a review:
• An introduction to the author(s), including the author’s title and place of work, and some indication of who the author is (e.g., scholar in the field of Medicine, a lawyer).
• A summary of the intended purpose of the book and how it contributes to improving the society at large.
• A description of the way the author approaches his or her topic, the rigor of the research and scholarship, the logic of the argument, and the readability of the prose.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
• A comparison with earlier or similar books in the field to place the book in the existing literature.
• An evaluation of the book’s merits, usefulness, and special contributions, along with shortcomings you think are necessary to point out.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
You should establish your authority to write the review. In so doing, these are things you should take note of.
• Do not point out the author’s flaws, but display in a detailed and instructive way of your expertise on the subject.
• Strive to make your review richly informative, even insightful.
• The finest reviews are extraordinarily understanding and moderately generous (but not uncritical), and they are enlightening little essays in their own.
• There is no substitute for a careful reading of the book itself. Judgments about a book’s usefulness and scholarly value based on a close reading of the text make the heart of a good review.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below