Oftentimes, the word Bike is believed by some Nigerians who never took their time to find clarity, to mean just motorcycle. Before we discuss how to ride a bike, it’s important that we rid you off your confusion.
A bike is a two-wheeled vehicle. It’s is pedal-powered as a bicycle and motor-powered as a motorcycle. It’s a single-track vehicle, having two wheels attached to a frame, one behind the other.
There are two kinds of a bike; Bicycle and Motorcycle
Bicycle: is a vehicle consisting of two wheels held in a frame one behind the other, propelled by pedals and steered with handlebars attached to the front wheel.
Motorcycle: This is a two/three-wheeled vehicle, it’s powered by a motor and has no pedals.
Types of Bikes
Among all other types, three main types will be look at.
ROAD BIKES: Road Bikes are designed and optimised to make road cycling as efficient as possible.
MOUNTAIN BIKES: Mountain bikes are designed to go on mountains or on off-road trails, they’re chunkier, have knobbly tyres on them.
HYBRID BIKES: Hybrid bikes, are essentially a mixture between road bikes and mountain bikes. They give you the versatility to do a bit of everything.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
How to ride a Bike
You might need to attend a school to learn how to ride a motorcycle, I will only be discussing how to ride a bicycle
- Set up your bike: First make sure you can stand over your bike without having issues with the seat, pick a smaller size if need be. You should be able to reach the handlebars and brakes comfortably.
- Practice getting on and off: To mount the bike, lean it toward you while applying the brakes so it doesn’t roll, do the same while getting off. Don’t be reckless.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
- Get used to braking: Braking is a crucial skill that gives you a lot of confidence starting out, use the brake while you walk side by side your bike for practice.
- Learn to glide: Scoot on the bike with your feet for balance, Once you can glide along without touching your feet down to correct yourself, you are ready to begin pedaling.
- Get ready to pedal: Once you can maintain balance while gliding, mastered braking and keeping your vision steady, you’re ready to pedal. Start off with one leg while you set the cycle to motion, then support with the other.
Safety precautions for a Rider
1. Go With the Traffic Flow. Ride on the right in the same direction as other vehicles. Don’t ignore the traffic light, remember your cycle is a vehicle and you are the driver.
2. Stay Alert at All Times.
3.Look Before Turning.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
4. Watch out for Parked Cars.
5. Wear a cloth visible to the other Road users.
This way you can call your self a Rider, your questions will always be attended to at the comment section.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below