How To Select Multiple Folders
How to select or highlight multiple files and folders
You probably gave been having issues trying to highlight and copy a group of folders at once in Windows, macOS or any other operating system.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
This comprehensive tips will guide you on “how to” do that and not only how to copy and paste, but how to also highlight, copy and paste folders from different different directory to another.
Welcome to tips-mint your home of full diverse tips.
In this tutorial, I will show different methods of selecting multiple files or folders.
- Select all the files or folders in the current directory.
- Mouse drag and select multiple files or folders.
- Select multiple files or folders grouped together.
- Select multiple files or folders that are not grouped together.
- How to select without using the mouse.
How to Select all the files or folders in the current directory
In most operating systems like mac and Windows, the shortcut key like “Ctrl” for Windows and “Command + A” for macOS will select all available texts in the file area or all files in the window, or even all icons.
Note: In Windows 8 or Windows 10, the File/Edit/View menu is not available in File Explorer. Use Ctrl+A instead.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
- First launch a folder/directory in File Explorer or My Computer.
- To edit, click on Edit in the menu bar at the top of the window.
- Hold “Ctrl + A” on Windows to select all available folders or “Command + A” on macOS. Once the files or Hence, ALL folders will be selected, right-click on one of the highlighted files or folders to view available options to cut, copy, or delete. For additional help and information, see the below section on what can be done after the files or folders are highlighted.
Mouse drag and select multiple files or folders.
To drag and drop files with mouse, you can either click on them or Highlight them, right-click , then cut/copy and so on.
To Highlight more than one file at once,
- click and hold your left mouse button on the top-left portion of where you want to start highlighting.
- Next, drag the box until the last file or folder is highlighted.
- Once the files are selected, they can be copied, cut, or dragged to another window to move them. They can also be dragged to the Trash/Recycle Bin to be deleted.
Once the files or folders are highlighted, right-click on one of the highlighted files or folders to view available options, including cut, copy, or delete
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
How to select without using the mouse
- Tap Windows Key+ E to go to File Explorer.
- Keep tapping Tab until you’re in the section of the window containing the files or folders you want to select.
- The arrow keys will help you move to the file or folder you want to select.
- Select more than one file or folder by holding down the Shift key and use the arrow keys highlight them.
- Once the files or folders are highlighted, tap on the shortcut key Ctrl+X to cut or Ctrl+C to copy, or press the Delete key to delete.
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below