Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet developed by Microsoft for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS. It features calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications.
Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet program used to record and analyze numerical and statistical data.
Microsoft Excel provides multiple features to perform various operations like calculations, pivot tables, graph tools, macro programming, etc.
An Excel spreadsheet can be understood as a collection of columns and rows that form a table.
Alphabetical letters are usually assigned to columns, and numbers are usually assigned to rows.
The point where a column and a row meet is called a cell.
The address of a cell is given by the letter representing the column and the number representing a row.
Here’s how to shift columns in Excel:
1. Select the column (or contiguous columns) that you want to move.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
2. Hold the Shift Key from your keyboard.
3. Move your cursor to the edge of the selection. It would display the move icon (a four directional arrow icon).
4. Click on the edge (with left mouse button) while still holding the shift key.
5. Move it to the column where you want this row to be shifted
6. Leave the mouse button when you see a bold line to the edge of the column where you want to move this column.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
7. Leave the Shift-key (remember to keep the Shift key pressed till the end).
I’m sure a lot of you use Excel for certain works.
Do you use Excel often? Did you find this article useful? Let us know in the comment section below.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below