How to Skateboard for beginners and all-purpose.
Perhaps. You have watched your friends dwindle on skate, swindling from right to left and switching legs like a pro. Whereas here are you, falling off a hundred times or more, utterly frustrating, I know.
In today’s TipsMint tutorial, we will unveil the logic behind skating like a pro and how those crooks craft their elbow to knees and to ollies.
STEP 1: FORGET ABOUT THE OLLIES
Everybody starts from somewhere, you have got to crawl before a walk, and before a run. The biggest mistake most of us wanting to learn this make is that we professionally want to jump into performing stunts and ollies in a day or two like those we watch. Oh, little did we know that those we watch started from scratch. So the plan here is to keep your focus for now on the fundamentals.
STEP 2: DISCOVER YOUR FOOT
Now it is time to try standing on the skate without falling. You first need to discover your foot positioning and how you will improve it. We have three types of foot
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
• Regular foot: This is when your left foot is in the forward position, therefore, you will have to push with your right foot and ride with your left.
• Goofy foot: Goofy foot: This is when you have your right foot forward. Consequently, you will have to push with your left foot, this is also a nice positioning although it sounds weird.
• Mongo foot: This, unlike others, is a strange positioning, it refers to a riding stance in which the forward feet are used to push. That means if you are a regular-footed person, you may have to push with your left foot instead of your right. This is not an advisable positioning in skating as while it may limit your skills, it also increases your risk of falling off the board.
STEP 4: PUSH A LONG OFF
Place the skateboard on a tableland, stand on it, and create momentum. You can step with your back to create a motion.
NOTE: Often, beginners prefer short stabs before getting started, rather than long rattling-off pushes. Try long stabs instead, it will jab you open to the world of skating and also make your ride smooth, just ensure you maintain balance.
STEP 5: TRY TAKING A CARVE
Now it is time to get into a real business, turning on the skateboard is not as difficult as it seems. To turn you’ll shift your weight forward or back from the ankle, depending on your stance and whether or not you want to go right or left.
The amount of pressure you’ll use will depend on how tight your trucks are and how far you want to turn. Practice on a level surface, getting started, shifting into your riding stance, and then executing a turn safely without falling off. This type of turning is the most common and is referred to as carving
STEP 5: TRY KICKTURNING
You do see how to skateboard pros switch turning to lift the front wheels like flash and balancing it back in such a swift roll, that is what kickturning is. To quickly avoid a short or something, you can try kickturning. Follow these steps to Kickturn
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
1. With your back foot, apply a slight pressure to the tail (to lift the front wheels slightly off the ground)
2. pivot your body in the direction you want to turn. This should be done in one motion. Be careful not to put too much pressure on the tail or you risk the board slipping out from under you. Also, it’s probably not a very good idea to do this while speeding downhill.
STEP 6: TRY STOPPING
While there are sundry ways to stop a skateboard, the best ways for beginners is either the slowing down method or the tail stop method.
Follow these steps to tail-stop
1. Reduce the speed
2. Shift most of your weight onto your back foot
3. Stand on the tail of the board and grind the board to stop with the tail.
However, skateboards have plastic stoppers designed for helping stop so I guess this a good option for beginners.
Is it a Skateboard? Kindly share your experience on how you started.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below