A blog is a regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.
It is also a shortened version of ‘weblog’ which is an online journal or informational website displaying information in reverse chronological order, with the latest posts appearing first, at the top. It is a platform where a writer or a group of writers share their views on an individual subject.
Here’s how to start a blog:
1. Select a perfect niche for your blog: To start and run a successful blog, you have to select the right niche for your blog.
First, make sure to pick a niche that you are the most interested in, the one you are passionate about. That way you will follow your passion and enjoy your blogging journey.
Second, you must pick a niche that has enough audience interest.
2. Find a nice blog domain name: The Internet has been around for decades now. Of course the best domain names are already taken.
But that doesn’t mean you won’t be able to find a perfect one for your blog.
Here are a few good rules to keep in mind when choosing a good name:
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
Keep it short: Don’t force potential visitors to have to type a bunch of words to visit your website. We recommend no more than 14 characters.
Choose a .com, .org, or .net. These are the easiest ones for people to remember.
Make it easy to spell and pronounce: You don’t want to spell it out constantly for people when you mention your blog’s domain.
Avoid numbers and hyphens: Not only does it look clunky in the URL but it’s also difficult to type out when you add hyphens.
Use your name: It’s pretty likely that your name is available as a domain. That makes it the perfect choice for a personal blog.
3. Pick a blogging platform for beginners: The most recommended blogging platform is WordPress. You just might want to try it as well.
4. Sign up for a blog hosting account: A web hosting provider offers server space to host your website. This is where your website lives.
People who visit your website do so through this server. So as you can imagine, it’s pretty important.
Every single website needs a web host.
For your first blog, you want a host that is popular, trusted, easy to use, reliable, and reasonably priced. No need for anything fancy. BlueHost fits this need perfectly.
For the majority of people starting blogs, BlueHost is going to be the best bet for hosting their blog.
5. Have WordPress installed: Your website needs a content management system (CMS). This allows you to create and manage blog posts.
There’s only one option for this, WordPress.
6. Pick an eye-catching WordPress theme: One of the best parts about WordPress is that it’s really easy to change the way your website looks.
On top of that, you don’t need to know anything about coding.
WordPress uses themes, little packages of code that can be swapped in and out. Whenever you change your theme, your site will also change but your blog content stays the same.
This makes it very easy to evolve your site over time without having to rebuild your entire site from scratch.
7. Install WordPress plugins: One of the best parts about WordPress is that it’s infinitely customizable. Since it’s open-source, you can change it to do whatever you want.
The easiest way to make changes is with plugins. Plugins are little batches of software you can install within WordPress to get extra functionality. This is how you’ll add a bunch of extra features to your site without having to code anything yourself.
But be careful here and try not to go overboard.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
Some bloggers will install dozens or even hundreds of plugins on their blog. That can cause a bunch of problems later on.
Not only can plugins cause unexpected conflicts with each other, they become a security liability since it’s unlikely that every plugin owner will maintain the plugin over time. They also become a huge headache to manage.
When you have that many plugins, you’re never sure which plugin is causing a particular problem.
8. Customize your site: You can customize your blog with a logo.
9. Write content and promote your blog: So far, you’ve established a domain name, chosen your blog hosting site, set up the blog theme, and you are ready to go. Your framework is complete.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
Now comes the moment of truth. You must learn how to write blog content. In the blogging world, any useful information that you share with readers is called ‘content’.Your content must be something valuable that people will want to interact with and come back for more.
There you have it, nine amazing ways to start a blog.
Do you have a blog? Are you planning on starting one? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below