Appendicitis is a condition in which the appendix becomes inflamed and filled with pus, causing pain.
Appendicitis is a clinical emergency, and in the case of any negligence it may get complicated and cause serious infections, or worse, prove fatal.
Appendicitis can be acute or chronic, and both the conditions are painful. It is not exactly known to the doctors the clear reason for appendicitis as there aren’t any prominent warning signs of the condition.
Appendicitis is caused due to the blockage in the lining of the appendix. The blockage could be due to stool, intestinal worms, traumatic injury, tumors.
The infection instigated by the blockage causes inflammation of the appendix and fills it with pus.
Delay in appendicitis treatment can result in complications such as ruptured appendix, or abscess of pus in the abdomen.
Symptoms of appendicitis include:
1. Worsening pain that keeps getting sharp as it moves from near the navel to the lower right abdomen.
2. Loss of appetite.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
3. Nausea and/or vomiting right after the abdominal pain.
4. Swelling in the abdomen.
6. Inability to pass gas.
The treatment of appendicitis involves removing the inflamed appendix by the means of surgery (laparoscopy).
Antibiotics too are considered an effective alternative of acute appendicitis that may eliminate the need for surgery in certain cases.
Some natural remedies can help in subduing the chances of its occurrence and may help alleviate the pain.
Here are the remedies to manage appendicitis naturally:
1. Fenugreek seeds: Fenugreek seeds aid in preventing the formation of mucus and pus inside the appendix and thereby ease the acute abdominal pain.
How to use: Boil two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in one liter of water for about half an hour. Strain the water and consume it twice a day until the symptoms of appendicitis start to subside.
2. Buttermilk: Buttermilk is beneficial in appendicitis, as it is light to digest. It also offers essential probiotics that help in mitigating the growth of the bacteria or any infection.
How to use: In a glass of buttermilk add grated cucumber, ginger, crushed mint, and coriander leaves with a pinch of salt. This refreshing drink can be taken throughout the day. You can also consume buttermilk as is.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
3. Green grams: Considered an age-old remedy, green grams are a highly nutritive eating option. They contain anti-inflammatory compounds.
How to use: Soak green grams in water overnight and consume them the next day raw, steamed or sautéed (in the form of salad). You can have it three times a day to keep the abdomen pain away.
4. Mint: Mint is useful to soothe the symptoms of appendicitis, such as nausea, vomiting.
How to use: Prepare mint tea by boiling few mint leaves in water. This can be taken thrice daily to get relief from the appendix pain.
5. Garlic: Garlic has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties make it an effective option against appendicitis.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
How to use: You can crush a few garlic cloves and consume it with water. You can also choose to have garlic tablets. It is advisable to consume garlic on an empty stomach.
If you notice any of these symptoms, it is better to consult your doctor as soon as possible because appendicitis is best treated early.
Stay safe and stay healthy.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below