Burns are damages to the skin due to fire, electricity , chemicals and even sun.
About 1.5 million cases of burn are reported every year which is measured by the degree of the burn.
Types of burns
There are primary types of burns and they include:
1. First-degree burn
It is also known as superficial, red & non-blistered skin.
It heals without scarring
Blisters are formed and thickening of skin, it might take up to three weeks.
There’s no scarring but changes in pigment of skin is noticeable.
3. Third-degree burn
Thickening of skin is observable which covers a large area of the skin with white or leathery appearance. This type of burn are not so painful due to nerve damage.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
The most severe been third degree and the lesser is first degree.
What causes burns
The following can result in burns
1.scalding from hot or boiling liquids
3. Excess exposure to sun
4. Electrical burns
5.chemical burns etc.
Treatment of burns
This will depend on the type of burn involved:
A. Treatment of first degree burn
1.soak the wound in cool water for up to 5 minutes.
2. Take paracetamol for pain relieve.
3. Apply aloe Vera gel and lidocaine to soothe the skin
B. Treatment of second-degree burn
1. Run skin under cool water for up to 15 minutes
2. Follow procedure in treatment of first degree
However, seek for medical treatment if the burn extends to face, buttocks, gown, feet etc.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
C. Treatment of 3rd degree burn
1. Don’t attempt to treat this type of burn yourself
2. Seek medical aid by dualling the emergency number 121
3. While waiting for medical aids, raise the injury above your heart and don’t allow the clothing to get sticker on it.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
- Apply ice on a burn
- Never rub cotton balls on a wound as there is risk of infection once it got stucked.
Complications of burns include:
Be careful to avoid burns, don’t touch hot items and stay away from excess exposure to sunlight.
Thanks for reading…
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below