To zip a video file means to compress it so that it needs less space for storage on disk and can be transmitted more quickly.
Aside the fact that using compressed files can free up valuable space on a hard drive, or a web server. There are much more reasons you should compress your video files.
Because of the emphasis on the word COMPRESS, you might need to know that we have not deviated from the main topic. For clarity, Compression is the term of ‘compressing’ a (set of) files/folders. Zipping is the noun for performing this action.
Reasons you should Zip your Video file
Among all other, the two main reasons are Storage and Transmission speed
1. Storage: Compression of a file reduces the space needed to be stored and thereby, creating more space to store other valuable files.
Ads: How to create a PayPal account that send and receive funds in Nigeria… Read more
2. Transmission speed: The speed at which files are transmitted is dependent of the file size. Lesser files will take lesser time to send, Compressing video files before sending them over the Internet can reduce the amount of time it takes by a considerable margin.Your video file can be compressed on your personal computer or your mobile phone.
How to zip a file on a mobile phone
One of the ways to zip a file on a mobile phone is by using a designated software, we will be using Es file explorer in this article.
Step by step guide
1: Launch ES File Explorer and navigate to the files you want to compress.
Ads: Do you need a site like this? You want to start a blog or need any kind of website? Chat a professional website designer up today and get a discount on every job you want to do. Chat on WhatsApp
2: hold the video file (s) you wish to compress.
Ads: How to gain more followers on Instagram… Read more
3: After selecting the file, click on ‘more’ then ‘compress’
At the completion of the compression, you’ll see the ZIP file listed in the folder you were working in.
How to zip a video file on your Pc
- Find the file or folder you want to zip on your computer
- Press and hold or right-click on the file or folder (to select multiple files, hold down the [Ctrl] key on your keyboard and click on each file you wish to zip)
- Select “send to”
- Select “Compressed (zipped) folder”
The process above will create the zip file in exactly the same directory as the original file.
Ads: Advertise With Us… Read more
People Are Also Reading
- How To Use Natural Home Products To lighten Your Skin
- How to Care for Your Human Hair
- How to Serve God Faithfully
- How to Greet in a Debate Competition
- How To Lighten Skin Naturally
- How To Move Words In Microsoft Words
- How To Learn English Language
- How To Begin An Essay
- How To Select Multiple Cells In Excel
- How To Fight Poverty In Your Community
Let’s send our tutorials and posts directly to your email inbox, you will only hear from us once in a week. Drop your email below